“The trekking leg was like a mini Godzone ” said Leo Theoharis from team Thunderbolt at the finish line, while Kim Beckinsdale’s first phrase was: “This is the hardest course I have ever done”.
The inaugural edition of Alpine Quest finished yesterday and participants faced the extreme weather conditions only possible in the Australian Alps: 35 degrees temperature on the first day with teams trying to keep cool and hydrated turned into +5 and pouring rain on the second day with teams struggling to keep warm.
Cedarwood apartments is the official accommodation provider for Alpine Quest Falls Creek.
They offer studio, self-contained apartments for up to 8 people.
Cedarwood apartments is located next to the mountain bike trails, opposite Milch cafe and about 400 meters up the hill from the HQ.
Book accommodation at Cedarwood here>>
Transport from Albury Airport to HQ and back is confirmed.
- Pick up - 5:00 PM, Thu, 24th Jan, Albury Airport
- Approximate time at Falls Creek - 20:00
- Drop off - 9:00 AM, Mon, 28th Jan, Falls Creek QT plaza to Albury Airport
- Approximate time at Albury Airport - 12:00
Check out how good you are as a team player
Imagine you can get anyone into your team.
- I am talking all the fastest guys from Coast to Coast or other events.
- I’d join Avaya or Silva.
- I would like to have a team of good friends who are similar level to mine and keen to train and race with the same goal as I have. Would be good if we can train together from time to time, catch up for a chat and know each other really well.
Check out latest successful expedition race finish recipe from Alpine Quest brewery:
Navigation Experience: If you have got one person with good navigation experience, most likely you will finish the expedition race. A good navigator should be able (as minimum) to find 90% of checkpoints they aim for in rogaines. They should have done one rogaine at least, and ideally had some experience in night navigation. Your team should be fully equipped with navigation related gear (1 or 2 good map boards, 2 compasses, map measurer, reliable bike computer, map case, contact, highlighters); a dedicated mtb compass, dedicated marine compass are also useful.
Page 1 of 2