Alpine Avengers were undoubtedly in a class of their own at Alpine Quest earlier this year, tackling the monster terrain like a finely tuned machine and taking out the inaugural title. Adventure Junkie recently touched base with the team to quiz them about their preparation, tips and see what they’ve been up to.
What attracted you to Alpine Quest?
Liz: I love the Falls Creek area and it is a favorite destination for good quality training in summer (although I must admit I have never been there in winter). I also know that adventure junkie always put on quality races and so this race was certainly on my radar as soon as it was announced.
Dave: The location and of course my awesome teammates.
“The trekking leg was like a mini Godzone ” said Leo Theoharis from team Thunderbolt at the finish line, while Kim Beckinsdale’s first phrase was: “This is the hardest course I have ever done”.
The inaugural edition of Alpine Quest finished yesterday and participants faced the extreme weather conditions only possible in the Australian Alps: 35 degrees temperature on the first day with teams trying to keep cool and hydrated turned into +5 and pouring rain on the second day with teams struggling to keep warm.
Check out how good you are as a team player
Imagine you can get anyone into your team.
- I am talking all the fastest guys from Coast to Coast or other events.
- I’d join Avaya or Silva.
- I would like to have a team of good friends who are similar level to mine and keen to train and race with the same goal as I have. Would be good if we can train together from time to time, catch up for a chat and know each other really well.
Cedarwood apartments is the official accommodation provider for Alpine Quest Falls Creek.
They offer studio, self-contained apartments for up to 8 people.
Cedarwood apartments is located next to the mountain bike trails, opposite Milch cafe and about 400 meters up the hill from the HQ.
Book accommodation at Cedarwood here>>
Transport from Albury Airport to HQ and back is confirmed.
- Pick up - 5:00 PM, Thu, 24th Jan, Albury Airport
- Approximate time at Falls Creek - 20:00
- Drop off - 9:00 AM, Mon, 28th Jan, Falls Creek QT plaza to Albury Airport
- Approximate time at Albury Airport - 12:00
Page 1 of 2