The safety of the participants is our priority. Weather can change very quickly, therefore, we would strongly advise being careful with choosing the race gear.
All participants are required to carry mandatory items from the list below.
Some items are all-time team gear, which means all teams have to carry this gear during the entire course.
Some items are required only during specific sections: such as kayaking or mountain bike section gear. These items the team will need to have in specific stages in addition to the all-time gear.
Mandatory equipment can be 'per team' or 'per person basis.
'X Per team' means X number of items is sufficient per team (such as a first aid kit, for example, is '1 per team'). 'Per person basis means every member has to have this piece of gear (such as a jacket, for example, is 'per person).
In addition to the list you will be required to have:
Bike box of certain dimensions:
- Bike box of specific dimensions. if your box is bigger we will not be able to transport it around the course. It is three options: 1) Qantas/Virgin blue box of most the airports, cover it with contact and it will do the job. 2) Get a corflute one. https://envirobikebox.com.au 3) Do it yourself
- Length: 140cm (55in)
- Width: 30cm (12in)
- Height: 80cm (32in)
- Bike box will have 20 kg limit (with all your bike gear in), so please do not use plastic bike cases.
2 Gearboxes per team
- Again requirements for the specific box are determined by transportation, it must be a specific box:
Dimensions: 829 x 530 x 384mm. Can be purchased in Super Cheap Auto
Camping gear bag/ duffel bag with camping equipment. Explore course teams will be using camping gear for overnight camping, Expedition course teams will use this box in case of extreme weather conditions if the race stops. In this case, this gear will be delivered as close as possible to the camping location. The camping gear should be a tent to fit 4 persons, a camping mat per person, and a sleeping bag per person. You might need to carry all your gear yourself for up to 10 km.
Kayaking bag to fit only your kayaking clothes and paddles for Explore course only.
Packrafting gear bag to fit your packrafting gear in (Expedition course only).
All-time gear (Explore and Expedition):
- Fleece top - pp;
- Full finger gloves - pp;
- Fully seam-sealed bottom (waterproof over pants) - pp;
Packrafting stages (Expedition only):
- Neoprene bottom, 3 mm as a minimum (full body suits, dry suits are accepted)- pp;
- White water helmet- pp;
- 4 singles or 2 double packrafts (we recommend using double);